In today’s episode of the Productivity Power Up podcast, we discuss the possible benefits of taking cold showers, which Vickie has recently introduced into her daily routine as a way to boost her productivity.
She first learned about taking cold showers on The Tim Ferriss Podcast and then began doing some research about it on her own. We will share what she found out, and Vickie will share her own experience with taking cold showers.
Thanks for tuning in to this episode of the Productivity Power Up Podcast! If you find value in our podcast and listen on iTunes, please consider leaving us a rating and review.
Please note that some of the links on this page may be affiliate links and, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through to the product using the link we have provided. We never recommend or provide affiliate links to products or services we do not use ourselves, and our ultimate goal is to provide helpful products and advice to you, our readers and listeners.
Here’s what we mention in this episode:
Resources Used for this Episode
- The Scientific Case For Cold Showers
- Cold Showers: My Strange Addiction
- The Magic of Dry and Wet Body Brush Massage
- The Benefits of Cold Showers, The Art of Manliness
- Uric acid and glutathione levels during short-term whole body cold exposure
- The James Bond Shower: A Shot of Cold Water for Health and Vitality
- 15 Benefits of Cold Showers That Will Blow Your Mind
- Adapted cold shower as a potential treatment for depression
- Hot and Cold Hydrotherapy – Showers
Note: The above link shows you how to do a hot cold therapy
Quote of the Week
JERRY: We’re having an intervention
Old Guy: An intervention? Who’s intervening?
JERRY: There’s a friend of ours on drugs and we’re going to confront him.
OLD GUY: Sure, we used to do that when one of our polar bears stopped
coming. We would go to his house and say, “What you don’t want to be a
polar bear anymore? It’s too cold for you?”
— Seinfeld, The Pez Dispenser
Question: Do you take cold showers? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Don’t miss a single episode of Productivity Power Up! Subscribe today:Subscribe on iTunes Subscribe on Stitcher
Thanks for listening!
Vickie and Larissa